There are new versions of iTunes turning up and you may want to install the latest version to meet your needs. There will probably be problems during your installation. Uninstalling the old version is a must before your installing of iTunes. As of iTunes 7, purchased music can be copied from the iPod onto the computer, which must be authorized by that iTunes account. iTunes currently allows up to 5 computers to be authorized on one account. It does not allow you to transfer imported music files between computers. This may require you to uninstall iTunes from a computer if you want to install it on another PC. A number of shareware or freeware applications exist that complement iTunes.
How do you completely uninstall and remove all traces of iTunes manually?
I. BACK UP YOUR PC — Make sure you have restore points in case you really mess up and have to roll back.
II. Uninstall iTunes and QuickTime using Add or Remove Programs:1. Choose Start and Select Control Panel.
2. Open Add or Remove Programs and then select iTunes..
3.Click Change or Remove button and click OK.
4. If you have install iTunes for many times, please repeat the steps2-3.
5. Select QuickTime.
6. Click Change or Remove button and click OK.
7. If you have install iTunes for many times, please repeat the steps 5-7.
III. Remove the application files in Program Files
1. Choose Start and Select My Computer.
2. Open the local disk in My Computer.
3. Open Program Files.
4. Right click iTunes file and delete it.
5. Right click QuickTime file and delete it.
6. Open the iPod file Right click bin file and delete it
IV. Remove the installation files.
You have to download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from Microsoft.com to remove these files, because they may cause errors during the next installation.
1. Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package named msicuu2.exe, which is free.
2. Run msicuu2.exe to finish the installation and click Start.
3.Click All Programs and find out Windows Install Cleanup to run Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
4. List all the related applications installed
5. Remove iTunes from the list and click OK in the popup.
6.If there are several iTunes, use the same way to remove them .
7.Remove QuickTime from the list and click OK .
8. If there are several QuickTime, use the same way to remove them.
9.Click next and reboot .
10.Then check your ADD/REMOVE programs in your Control Panel. You should see all previous programs removed .
11.Check that your PC is functioning normally. Make sure windows browsers work and everything seems fine! The worst case is to restore your backup as you may have some other issue affecting your situation.
What should be known when we are removing iTunes?
1. You have to remove all these applications: iTunes, Apple Mobile Support, iPhone, Bonjour, QuickTime, Apple Software Update and anything else related to iTunes. Don’t skip any EXCEPT YOUR MY MUSIC files of course.
2. You are not possible to remove all traces of iTunes due to your limitation to PC knowledge. If you are not sure that you can do the removal by yourself according to the instructions given, personally, I recommend using click here to start.
How to use Perfect uninstaller to uninstall iTunes:
Step1: Double-click iTunes.
Step2: Follow the on-screen instructions to finish a few steps.
Step3: Restart you PC to completely uninstall iTunes.
If you find out iTunes is still in your system after you have uninstalled it with Perfect Uninstaller, you should check your version of Perfect Uninstaller is updated or not. Please always keep your version the latest by clicking the update icon, which is very easy, in order that you can have an effective removal to more and more new stuck programs.
- Uninstall software
- How Do I Eliminate Microsoft Office Project 2007 Service Along With Its Prorgam?
- Uninstall Exchange 2010 - Modify or Remove Exchange 2010
- How Can I Uninstall AoA DVD Creator From My Computer Instantly?
- How To Reinstall/Uninstall OpenOffice.org 3.2?
- System Defragmenter Complete Removal - How to Completely Uninstall System Defragmenter On Your Windows PC
- Internet security 2010 removal - How to uninstall internet security 2010 instantly?
- Facebook Toolbar Uninstall Guide - How to Uninstall Facebook Toolbar from Your PC Instantly?
- Advanced Port Scanner Not Finding Open Ports - How To Uninstall?