As I was having serious issues with various virus contamination, I opted to dump my AVG 8.0 and replace it with Kaspersky antivirus. But I can’t install because I get an error code when I try to uninstall AVG 8.0 this is the code as follows:
Installer initialization failed due to following error:
Error: Initialization of the language file “C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7″ failed.
Do you a surefire way to remove it all?
Other problems with uninstalling AVG 8.0
If you just installed this new AVG Anti-Virus free edition 8.0 thinking it would actually work as it did the scan and everything seemed to go smoothly. Then, after about a minute a pop-up says WARNING there is an attack on your computer. At first, you tried the “Activate Now” (block attack), but apparently you need to buy the damn thing, which apparently led you to a screen with no way to exit out, so you were forced to reboot my comp. The next time you got the message when you clicked the other option which was to continue unprotected. And about a minute later the same message appears again and again.
If you try to uninstall it by going to the control panel but it’s not even there, you should try installing a new one and then uninstalling it as following if possible:
Click on Start > All Programs > AVG 8.0 > Uninstall AVG
If you experience any problems with the uninstall procedure, please follow the steps below。
Look if one (or more) of these registries of AVG 8.0 exist and delete them if they do.
Enter the registry (Click start > run > type regedit and then click ok), in there simply follow the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AVG7Uninstall and then check for the next one and the next:
For 64bit OS:
By this time, if you try installing Kaspersky and it said that AVG 8 was still in your system, then you may have to looked online to get the removal tool that is specifically degined to remove AVG 8.0.
When I did that with a uninstall your Hitman Pro too!and tried installing Kaspersky again, it worked great. I believe it can
- Uninstalling PowerTab - How Do I Remove Power Tab Editor On Windows 7?
- How Do You Uninstall Your Panda Global Protection Totally from Your Computer?
- Uninstalling Corel Draw Graphics Suite X5 - How Do I Remove It Completely?
- How Do You Uninstall Nero BurnLite 10 From Your PC?
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 Won't Uninstall - How Can I Remove Adobe Photoshop CS5?
- How Do You Remove Speedbit Video Accelerator And Speedbit Search?
- How Do You Uninstall The Printer Software For HP 6500 Completely?
- How Can I Uninstall CometBird On Windows Computer?
- How To Uninstall Kensington MouseWorks Software?