My Dad had a partitioned hard drive with two drives, C and D. AVG free edition 2012 was installed on the D drive. Then, he decided to delete the D drive but it didn’t uninstall AVG. Since AVG obviously doesn’t work so he has deleted every single AVG related file he can find on the computer but whenever he attempt to install AVG onto the C drive now, it asks him if he wants to add/remove features, repair, or remove AVG and if he click any of these options then the installer crashes because the D drive no longer exists.
How does AVG 2012 Free Edition work?
Recently, AVG released its 2012 products for Antivirus, Antivirus Free and Internet Security with the addition of AVG Advisor. So far AVG free edition 2012 is faster and doesn’t slow down your system with number of process running related to AVG when compared to 2011. If you’ve installed AVG 2012 and not being able to use it here is how to uninstall it from your Computer with the help of the standard uninstaller. The following is the routine uninstall procedure on Windows.
Uninstalling AVG 2012 Free Edition
1. Close Browser windows or any applications if running.
2. Open Control Panel, click Programs, open Program and Features
3. Select AVG 2012 Free Edition in the installed programs list and click Uninstall button
4. AVG built-in installer window appears which shows the options to “remove user settings” and “Remove virus Vault Contents “, select them (don’t select remove user settings, if you plan to reinstall AVG 2012 later) and click “Next” button.
5. AVG 2012 will be uninstalled and you need to restart your Computer by clicking “Restart Now” button after that.
Using AVG 2012 Removal tool
If Programs and Features failed to uninstall AVG Free Edition 2012, you can run professional uninstaller software which removes all parts of AVG installation in your computer. This includes registry items, installation and user files on your hard drive, etc.
During the uninstall with the remover program like HP 1522 Printer disappears in just seconds with simple operation., all AVG user settings will be removed, as well as contents of the Virus Vault and other items related to AVG installation and use. When the removal procedure is done with a Perfect Uninstaller, you will be asked to restart your computer. You will find that the unwanted programs like
- Uninstall Skype 5.6 - How Can I Delete My Skype?
- How to Uninstall Ekxdvft Toolbar Totally & Easily?
- How Do You Uninstall Microsoft Publisher 2010 Trial Version?
- How Do You Uninstall AVG free ?
- Effective Method to Fully Uninstall G Data TotalCare 2012
- Cannot Uninstall XPlorer2 Menu? - How to Uninstall XPlorer2 Menu Completely in Minutes
- Uninstalling WinSCP - Where Can I Remove WinSCP Properly?
- How Do I Quickly Remove Free PDF to Word Converter From My Computer?
- How Do You Remove/Uninstall WhiteSmoke Translator?