When my mother is trying to install Skype 5.5, she gets the message “The older version of Skype 5.5 cannot be installed”. But she sees only Skype 5.3 on my list of installed programs. When she tries to remove this Uninstall commands from Skype, she gets the message “The feature you are trying to remove is on a network resource that is unavailable”. Now she no longer has any version of Skype available and trying to uninstall the corrupt program for her.
Problems on uninstalling Skype 5.5
1. Before uninstalling Skype from Windows:
2. Close Skype 5.5.
3. Right click the Skype icon in the system tray (at the bottom right of the screen) and choose Quit.
4. Save your personal information (if required). Your contacts, purchases and account information are stored on our servers, but other personal files such as chat messages, voicemail and snapshots taken during video calls, are only saved on your computer. To keep this personal information, you need to make a copy of it.
Uninstall Skype 5.5 on Windows XP
1. Click Start and then Control Panel.
2. Click on Add or Remove Programs.
3. Navigate to Skype 5.5 and make it highlighted.
4. Double clicks on Change or Remove button.
5. Follow the uninstall wizard to accomplish the removal.
Uninstall Skype 5.5 on Windows Vista and 7
1. Click Start, type run and press Enter.
2. Click on Uninstall a Program under Programs.
3. Open up Programs and Features
4. Select Skype 5.5 from the list, right-click and select Remove or Uninstall
Steps above usually come with the use of standard uninstaller of Skype 5.5 that packed with it. If this uninstaller is corrupt or missing for some reason, you may have to get around this with either a manual removal in hard drive and registry or instruction provided by specified software uninstaller like . The Perfect Uninstaller will not only have the unwanted program like Incredmail.com removed from control panel but also have their directories and registry keys cleaned up within a few steps.
Force Uninstall Skype 5.5 on any computer
1. Exit running Skype 5.5
2. Find the directory directly in the hard drive where you locate Skype 5.5 as such, C:\Program Files\Skype.
3. Right click the directory to select “Force Uninstall” to start the removal.
4. Follow the onscreen steps to finish the removal of Skype 5.5.
5. Reboot computer and repeat the Force Uninstall procedure until the directory of Skype is gone.
- How Can I Uninstall Garden Planner Software?
- How to Uninstall NN_Bar Totally & Easily?
- FLV Player Uninstall Instructions – How to Fully Remove FLV Player Effectively from Your Laptop?
- How To Uninstall Comodo Internet Security On My Own?
- Podcaster Uninstaller Missing - How Do I Manually Delete Podcaster?
- Copernic Agent Basic Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Copernic Agent Basic Entirely
- McAfee Online Backup Uninstall Help - How to Remove McAfee Online Backup from Windows System Thoroughly
- Uninstalling Mobipocket Reader? - How Did This Happen On Your Computer?
- Remove PC Tools Firewall Plus Free Edition - Uninstall Tips