How do you uninstall an expired program? My aunt is on a Windows 7 x64 OS (clean installed from a Vista). When she clean installed, she also downloaded and installed the given software Cyberlink PowerDirector ver.10 from HP. This is part of a suite, as she also installed other Cyberlink products. Well, I don’t need the Cyberlink PowerDirector app. anymore. When she tried to uninstall it through Control Panel>Programs Menu, she gets this error message: 1628: Failed to complete installation. I get 1628 error every time I try. I tried to manual delete the program folder and registry entries as well but still get this error. Trying to reinstall the same version doesn’t work either.
What is CyberLink PowerDirector 10?
CyberLink PowerDirector 10 is known to be the world’s fastest video editing software! With a 2nd generation TrueVelocity rendering engine that’s faster than ever, along with the richest end-to-end 3D editing suite available, PowerDirector 10 is redefining digital video editing. Over 2,000,000 users are experiencing the award-winning performance and professional-quality features that PowerDirector has to offer.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 10 Trial uninstalling problem
CyberLinkPowerDir10 Uninstall video
- Open the Start menu and click the “Control Panel” icon.
- Click “Programs and Features” or “Uninstall a Program.”
- Click “CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Trial”. Then click the “Uninstall” button. The prompt “This will remove CyberLink PowerDirector from your computer. Do you wish to proceed?” appears.
- Click “Yes.” The InstallShield Wizard removes the CyberLink PowerDirector Trial from the computer and displays the message “InstallShield Wizard Complete” when it is finished.
- Click the “Finish” button.
Normally, this should completely remove Cyberlink PowerDirector 10 Trial from your computer. However, if there is no option for uninstalling under Add/Remove Programs, you can try the trick of downloading the program again or re-installing it. If it still prompts you to uninstall PowerDirector before reinstalling, you will need to download a professional removal tool like Perfect Uninstaller to get that fixed. Otherwise, you will have to use regedit and delete every registry key that contains Cyberlink or PowerDirector. That is about 200 keys, if you miss one it won’t work.
Needless to say, running is the most proven way to get rid of Cyberlink PowerDirector 10 Trial or uninstall any useless programs like Cyberlink PowerDVD. You will be amazed how fast it works on your computer!
- Uninstall Wxdbpfvo Toolbar - How to Uninstall Wxdbpfvo Toolbar Thoroughly from PC?
- How To Automatically Remove ACT! 2006 8.0.1for Windows?
- New Panda Anti-Rootkit Won't Install - How Can I Remove The Old One?
- How Do You Delete A Program called Mediaget?
- MightyCleaner Uninstall Tips - How to Remove MightyCleaner Instantly
- How Can I Uninstall Spyware Doctor 8.0?
- AhnLab-V3 Uninstall Tips - How to Uninstall AhnLab-V3 from Windows Completely Instantly
- Can't Remove Bonjour To Install iTunes? - Bonjour Uninstall Tips
- Prevx Removal - How to Uninstall Prevx from Windows XP