My brother inadvertently clicked on a window that downloaded Toggle search engine that placed a toolbar on Firefox 3.5.5 and has replaced the ‘standard’ Firefox-Google home page. He has deleted Toggle from manage search engine options and deleted the Toggle files in windows explorer on his ‘C’ hard drive, and uninstalled Firefox 3.5.5 and then reinstalled Firefox 3.5.5, but the Toggle Toolbar returns to Firefox home page. How can he eliminate the Toggle files or uninstall as there is no uninstall option that he can find?
What is Toggle Toolbar?
Toolbar Toggle (aka Toggle Toolbar) is a Microsoft Office add-on toolbar that is a replica of the Microsoft Office 2003 ribbon. The toolbar allows you to use old features from Office 2003 in Office 2007 and newer versions. Other than that, Toolbar Toggle add-ons can be installed in Firefox by visiting a website and clicking an “Install’ link or, in some cases, by downloading and running a toolbar installer. It can also be added to Firefox when installing software that includes a toolbar as part of the installation process. If you just want to hide an unwanted Toggle Toolbar, you can open the Firefox “View -> Toolbars” menu and deselect the toolbar (see Toolbar customization – Firefox for details). If you are no longer nor have no intent using the add-on, you can uninstall it from your computer safely. This frees up system memory and hard-drive space.
Removing Toggle Toolbar
You can choose to uninstall the Toolbar Toggle using the built-in Windows uninstaller with following steps:
1. Close Microsoft Office if you are currently using one of the programs.
2. Click the Windows “Start” menu and click the “Control Panel.” If you are using Windows XP, double-click “Add or Remove Programs” to launch the programs window. If you are using Windows Vista and 7, click “Programs” and click “Programs and Features” to launch the programs window.
3. Scroll down the programs window and click “Toolbar Toggle.” Click “Remove” or “Uninstall.” If prompted, type your administrator password and click “OK” to uninstall the toolbar from your computer.
In some cases, you may also need to reset preference settings related to the Toolbar Toggle after disabling or uninstalling it. If the toolbar was added to Firefox when you installed another application, see if there is an option to remove or disable the toolbar within the application’s own settings. If you don’t see a separate entry for the Toggle Toolbar in the list of installed programs on Windows Control Panel, you may need to uninstall the program (such as Microsoft Office) or program component that included the toolbar.
Using Software to Remove Toggle Toolbar
There is professional uninstaller called which is created and has been used worldwide. This software will be able to automatically remove Toggle Toolbar that windows can’t delete or detect. It is specially designed to locate and delete files of the AV Antispyware software that is hard to uninstall. And it is well known to be a much safer option to remove files from your system registry so that you won’t risk corrupting other software.
- How to Uninstall Security Toolbar Totally & Easily?
- It Is Easy to Completely Uninstall Betfilter from Your PC
- Cannot Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4? - How to Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Completely in Minutes
- Cannot Uninstall Panda Antivirus for Netbooks? - How to Uninstall Panda Antivirus for Netbooks Completely in Minutes
- Uninstall Ask Jeeves Toolbar - How to Uninstall Ask Jeeves Toolbar Thoroughly from PC?
- Uninstalling Trend Micro Program - How Do I Remove Trend Micro Antivirus 2008
- Uninstall Avast - How Do I Get Rid Of avast! Pro Antivirus?
- FIFA 07 Not Opening - How Do You Remove FIFA 07 Application?
- Frequently Used Solutions About Uninstalling Movie Downloader