Though ESET NOD32 work quite perfectly on Windows 7 Premier edition x64 of my father, but at the moment he is facing a trouble. He wants to replace the expired ESET NOD32 with another anti-virus, Kaspersky 2011, but whenever he wants to install it, installer gives him an error that ESET NOD32 Online scanner is still in his computer? If you are facing problem to uninstall or remove ESET NOD32 antivirus, we can work together with this the passage to remove ESET NOD32 antivirus form your computer as well.
Step one to uninstall or remove ESET NOD32 antivirus
Uninstall or remove NOD32 by using WIndows uninstaller
1. Click on Start menu.
2. Then, select Programs / All Programs.
3. Find ESET and click on it.
4. At last, you will find Uninstall and click on it to uninstall NOD32.
To make sure that you have done a clean removal of ESET, you should look into the hard drive to see if there are any leftover files related to it as such:
1. Click on Start menu, and then go to Control Panel. Later, Folder Options, then View and at last Show hidden files and folders.
2. Go to C:\WINDOWS\inf folder and delete INFCACHE.1 file from that folder.
3. Restart your computer and after reinstallation, delete the following three folders.
4. C:\Program Files\ESET
5. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET
6. C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\ESET
If you failed to uninstall by following the above steps, then follow steps above. This process is the most critical among all the methods. It goes like:
1. Restart your computer and start Windows with Safe Mode.
2. Click on Start menu and then click on Run.
3. Type regedit and hit Enter key of your keyboard.
4. From the registry editor find the following keys and delete them: [a] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESET
By following the three steps, you should have removed ESET NOD32 antivirus totally from your computer. The chances are you can’t find ESET NOD32 AntiVirus or an error message stops its uninstalling, or you still see its folders left in your computer. If you don’t know how to completely uninstall ESET NOD 32 AntiVirus in such cases, then you can only do one more thing.
The better and easier way for you to completely uninstall ESET antivirus that standard Windows Add/Remove Programs can’t remove is to run a Perfect uninstaller that can scan out all registry entries, DLL files and drivers of a program.
In that way, you can prevent system crash caused by wrong registry edition. What’s more, it can fully display all programs installed in the computer and Force Uninstall corrupted programs or forcibly remove InkSaver that Control Panel can’t display and uninstall.
- How To Uninstall Or Remove AV AntiSpyware - AVAntiSpyware Instruction
- Uninstall Gktxaspm Toolbar - How to Uninstall Gktxaspm Toolbar Thoroughly from PC?
- Copernic Agent Basic Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Copernic Agent Basic Entirely
- Patent Pal Toolbar Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Patent Pal Toolbar from Your PC Instantly?
- TrendMicro Removal - How to Uninstall TrendMicro from Windows XP
- Software Uninstaller To Remove IObit Malware Fighter
- Uninstall Guide to ThumbsPlus - How Can You Remove ThumbsPlus?
- Uninstall MSN Toolbar
- Uninstalling AllPlayer With Removal Tool