In addition to high-speed browsing and instant-messaging capabilities, Netscape features one-click searching from the address bar; Quick Launch, which reduces the browser start-up time; Click-to-Search, which allows users to select a word within a Web page and search; improved instant messaging, including support for buddy icons, file transfers, and buddy alerts; and tabbed browsing, which allows users to view multiple Web pages in a single browser window.
When the Netscape Navigator can no longer access the websites which you are going to visit, it is a sign that the browser needs to be removed or repaired. If you have opened Netscape Navigator, you should end Netscape Navigator in Windows Task Manager before you run the un-installation. Because Netscape Navigator is a web browser plug-in, you’d better end web browser too.
- Click on the Start button in the left hand corner of your desktop to find the Control Panel menu.
- Double click on the Control Panel tab to open it and then click on the programs option.
- In the pop up window with many options for maintaining programs, choose Uninstall a program. Then computer will spend a minute or two to compile a list of programs installed on your computer.
- Scroll through the list until you find Netscape Navigator.
- Click on the Netscape Navigator and then select Uninstall. On Vista, you can find Uninstall option directly above the list next to the Organize and Views tabs. Or you can simply double click on the Netscape Navigator and then a User Account Control window will open asking permission to continue with removing the program.
- Follow the on screen instructions to finish the removal.
- Restart your computer if necessary.
If this uninstalling is successful, you should see Netscape Navigator disappearing on your desktop and hard drive. If it does fail, more technical steps should be involved.
- Open Search to make a full search for Netscape Navigator related files. (When you open it, please keep in mind to select Local Hard Drives as your search scale.)
- Delete all the files it shows before you.
- Turn to Start Menu and then go to Run.
- Enter regedit and then click OK to open Registry Editor.
- Under folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, you will find Netscape Navigator related entries. Please delete them once for all.
- Lastly, reboot your PC.
However, this method is not always effective. Sometimes it just fails to uninstall the Netscape Navigator completely. If you want to uninstall the Netscape Navigator completely, it is highly recommended you to use a reliable uninstall tool. Some installed applications are hidden in your system, so you cannot easily find and remove them while the 3rd party uninstaller would force uninstall these hidden applications. As an award-winning uninstall tool, would help you to uninstall Netscape Navigator in a fast, secure and convenient way.
A very useful feature of Perfect Uninstaller is that it not only deletes those unwanted programs like The World Browser, but also force uninstalls all of the unwanted leftovers.
- Remove Or Reinstall Office 2010 PowerPoint - How Do You Uninstall Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 Easily?
- How Do You Delete A Program called Mediaget?
- Security Essentials 2011 Removal Guide - How to Get Rid of Microsoft Security Essentials 2011 on Your PC
- Problems Installing Adobe CS5 - Trial Version Of Adobe Premier Pro CS5.5 Requires Uninstalled
- Uninstall Gamblock - How Do You Remove Gamblock Software?
- Problem Using WinAVI products - How Can I Get Rid Of WinAVI Video Converter?
- ZA Free Firewall Uninstall - Completely Remove ZoneAlarm Firewall From Windows
- Uninstall VRE Toolbar - How to Remove VRE Toolbar Thoroughly from Your Browser?
- Uninstall Proxy Toolbar - How to Remove Proxy Toolbar Thoroughly from Your Browser?