In addition to high-speed browsing and instant-messaging capabilities, Netscape features one-click searching from the address bar; Quick Launch, which reduces the browser start-up time; Click-to-Search, which allows users to select a word within a Web page and search; improved instant messaging, including support for buddy icons, file transfers, and buddy alerts; and tabbed browsing, which allows users to view multiple Web pages in a single browser window.
When the Netscape Navigator can no longer access the websites which you are going to visit, it is a sign that the browser needs to be removed or repaired. If you have opened Netscape Navigator, you should end Netscape Navigator in Windows Task Manager before you run the un-installation. Because Netscape Navigator is a web browser plug-in, you’d better end web browser too.
- Click on the Start button in the left hand corner of your desktop to find the Control Panel menu.
- Double click on the Control Panel tab to open it and then click on the programs option.
- In the pop up window with many options for maintaining programs, choose Uninstall a program. Then computer will spend a minute or two to compile a list of programs installed on your computer.
- Scroll through the list until you find Netscape Navigator.
- Click on the Netscape Navigator and then select Uninstall. On Vista, you can find Uninstall option directly above the list next to the Organize and Views tabs. Or you can simply double click on the Netscape Navigator and then a User Account Control window will open asking permission to continue with removing the program.
- Follow the on screen instructions to finish the removal.
- Restart your computer if necessary.
If this uninstalling is successful, you should see Netscape Navigator disappearing on your desktop and hard drive. If it does fail, more technical steps should be involved.
- Open Search to make a full search for Netscape Navigator related files. (When you open it, please keep in mind to select Local Hard Drives as your search scale.)
- Delete all the files it shows before you.
- Turn to Start Menu and then go to Run.
- Enter regedit and then click OK to open Registry Editor.
- Under folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, you will find Netscape Navigator related entries. Please delete them once for all.
- Lastly, reboot your PC.
However, this method is not always effective. Sometimes it just fails to uninstall the Netscape Navigator completely. If you want to uninstall the Netscape Navigator completely, it is highly recommended you to use a reliable uninstall tool. Some installed applications are hidden in your system, so you cannot easily find and remove them while the 3rd party uninstaller would force uninstall these hidden applications. As an award-winning uninstall tool, would help you to uninstall Netscape Navigator in a fast, secure and convenient way.
A very useful feature of Perfect Uninstaller is that it not only deletes those unwanted programs like The World Browser, but also force uninstalls all of the unwanted leftovers.
- McAfee Online Backup Uninstall Help - How to Remove McAfee Online Backup from Windows System Thoroughly
- How to Uninstall Rtsplgob Toolbar Totally & Easily?
- Uninstalling Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete 2012 - SecureAnywhere Complete 2012 Removal Free!
- Norton AntiVirus 2011 Uninstall Problem - How To Remove Norton Completely?
- KeyScrambler Removal – What Can You Do to Fully Remove KeyScrambler from Your PC
- Antivirus Live Uninstall Tips - How to Remove Antivirus Live Instantly
- Uninstalling Spyware Doctor Enterprise - How Do I Completely Remove Spyware Doctor Enterprise Free Edition?
- Uninstall Antivirus Antispyware 2011 - How To Remove Antivirus AntiSpyware 2011 The Easy Way?
- IrfanView Toolbar Uninstaller - How to Uninstall IrfanView Toolbar from Your PC Instantly?