My sister in-law acquired the searchnu.com/406 browser hijacker while stupidly torrenting. It has taken over as the homepage for Mozilla and Chrome, but not Internet Explorer. She uninstalled the iLivid and deleted the searchnu add-on, however it still remains. She downloaded Malwarebytes anti-malware (free) and ran a quick scan; however it did not seem to catch it. She tried looking up the registry keys to delete, however she could not locate them.
To manually get rid of searchnu.com/406, here is the newly powerful but risky solution stated online.
- Click on “Start” button and then click on “Run”.
- Type in “regedit” the pop up box to open the registry editor.
- Navigate to directory, HKEY_CURRENT_USER＼Software＼
- Microsoft＼Internet Explorer＼Main and then HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE＼SOFTWARE＼
- Microsoft＼Internet Explorer＼Main.
- Click to Open either HKEY_CURRENT_USER＼Software＼Microsoft＼Internet Explorer＼Main or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE＼SOFTWARE＼
- Microsoft＼Internet Explorer＼Main, and you will find there is a key value for the 「Start Page」.
- Double (left) clicks on the key value and enter the website address, such as www.google.com, that you want.
After that, go back to the registry editor by clicking on “My Computer” on the left Window.
- Press on “Control” and “F” at the same time to open the “Search” window.
- Copy and paste the searchnu.com/406 into the box and press on “Enter” to view the key value.
- Delete the key value once found.
- Press on “Next” to look for another key value of it and manually delete it after that.
- Press on key “F3″ to look for other key value of it and manually delete it once found.
- Reboot your computer to take effect.
What are your recommendations to do next? Run a full scan? I personally advise a searchnu.com/406 and then has it removed while cleaning up hard drive and registry entries.to rip your of this nuisance. A fully installed Perfect Uninstaller will be able to locate the installing directory for
- Uninstall Searchnu Toolbar that is responsible for http://www.searchnu.com/406
- Quit and exit any running browsers.
- Run Perfect Uninstaller
- Select or insert the option, Show Windows installer, on the main panel of Perfect Uninstaller as below.
- Click the Searchnu toolbar to be uninstalled in the “Display Name” list.
- Click the “Uninstall” button to start the removal.
- Follow the onscreen steps to finish the removal.
Try it now, you will see how pleasant you are when handling rogue applications like Searchqu Toolbar with Perfect Uninstaller!
- VueScan Uninstall Help - Find the Way to Uninstall VueScan from Your Computer for Free
- How Can I Uninstall Babylon Free?
- Uninstall Express Burn Disc Burning Software For Windows
- How Do You Uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Software 5.0 From Your PC?
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Uninstall Tips - How to Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 from Windows Completely Instantly
- Cannot Uninstall Roxio Easy VHS to DVD? - Roxio Remover Guide
- How Do You Uninstall A Program on Windows
- Uninstalling Limewire Failed? - How to Uninstall Limewire Completely in Minutes
- Cycbot.B Removal Tips-How to Get Cycbot.B Out of My PC Easily.