My father installed Hotspot Shield which seems widely recommended for WIFI security. Apart from doubts that it really increases security even if channels traffic through a VPN connection, why would it want to route traffic through a server he know nothing about? There is now an even greater concern that he is not able to uninstall it. Worse, he has no idea what this software is doing, where is it installed, which bits are still working and so on.
What is Hotspot Shield?
In reality, Hotspot Shield is free software that allows users to access blocked websites like Facebook and YouTube in countries where internet is censored. Making internet connection secure, it enables users to Browse Internet privately. In other words, it is supposed to be a complete security package that send everything over a secure tunnel, protecting traffic between the users and our VPN server so no one in-between can snoop into what’s going on. For wireless devices, the most critical issue that Hotspot Shield addresses is securing the data traveling from the client’s computer to the Wi-Fi access point.
The situation is this. Hotspot Shield gets installed in the /Applications folder. If user connects to internet, there appears a banner at the top of the browser page. One can click on the banner and create a VPN channel to a remote server. This means that websites have no way to know user’s actual location or any other personal information. As a result there are a lot of chances that people want to get it removed.
How to uninstall Hotspot Shield?
Fortunately, there is an official (or unofficial) uninstaller program for Hotspot Shield, which provides solutions to safely remove remnants of the program on my laptop or in my system registry. The program is known as . Uninstalling Hotspot Shield with Perfect Uninstaller is just like uninstalling any other programs such as HP 6500 Printer removal. After you finish uninstalling, please open your web browser and delete cache. Restart your web browser. You are now done.
- How To Automatically Remove ACT! 2006 8.0.1for Windows?
- Internet Explorer Uninstall Help - How to Remove Internet Explorer from Windows System Thoroughly
- How to uninstall and remove all traces of iTunes
- Add-on Web browser toolbars Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Add-on Web browser toolbars from Your PC Instantly?
- Parent Cyber Alert Removal Stuck - How Can I Uninstall Parent Cyber Alert At That Point.
- How Do I Remove Kundli For Windows Computer?
- My Supervisor Removal - How to Remove My Supervisor Instantly
- I Need To Uninstall Sonic Adventure DX - Any Removal Tool Out There?
- MS Antivirus Uninstall Help - How to Remove and Uninstall MS Antivirus Completely