My friend made the mistake of checking into the Babylon website. It’s now the search engine for his Firefox. He decided to uninstall Babylon program but toolbar cannot be uninstalled. How do you get rid of the Babylon toolbar?
How do I uninstall Babylon?
The first option that suggested by many users to remove Babylon is to use the standard uninstaller that can be activated through Control Panel of Windows with such steps to take:
1. Right-click on the Babylon icon, at the bottom of your screen next to the computer’s clock, select “Exit”, and confirms your decision with a “Yes”.
2. Go to “My Computer ->Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs”, select ‘Babylon’ by clicking on it, and choose ‘remove’.
3. Delete the “Babylon” folder from the directory that contains it.
My problem is this toolbar’s files are hidden somewhere on my computer. I have already looked in Add/Delete programs, and also looked in the Program files folder. I can’t find it anywhere. And I found that many Firefox users have also run into after installing the toolbar. Users who remove Babylon toolbar from Window’s Uninstall a Program control panel applet may notice that the Firefox add-on is still installed after the removal. Even worse, the add-on cannot be uninstalled from within the browser, as the uninstall button is grayed out which means that it cannot be uninstalled from within the web browser.
To get all the files of Babylon visible to delete, I open “My Computer”→click “Tools” icon on the tool bar and select ” Folder Options…” →click on “View” button→ Select” Show hidden files and folders” under the folder list of “Hidden files and folders”→ last, select “Apply” to make it work. Unfortunately, though this is enough for me to recognize where exactly the Babylon toolbar is installed but it won’t get off the computer.
Situations like these, where the uninstall link of Babylon is missing, are usually a sign of a third party software directly installing a Firefox add-on. This sometimes happens without specific permission to install the add-on and it can’t be detected or removed through normal means. Under that circumstance, users do not have much choice but to hunt down the location of the add-on manually on their system to remove the add-on manually. Luckily, there is a which can save your time and energy to get rid of Babylon program with a proven and clean uninstall.
Force Uninstall Babylon
- Quit and exit Firefox
- Run Perfect Uninstaller
- Select Force Uninstall Icon and click on “Yes” in the popped up box.
- Navigate to directory of Babylon in the hard drive, such as C:\Program Files\Babylon, and click on next to start the Force Uninstall
Reboot computer and repeat the Force Uninstall process untill all the directories of Babylon are gone
By forcibly uninstalling directory of Babylon from the hard drive, Perfect Uninstaller is also able to clear up the related registry entries of it. In that way, Winfax Pro 10.0 has been successfully removed from thousands of computers.
- Antivirus XP 2012 Uninstall Help - How to Remove and Uninstall Antivirus XP 2012 Completely
- OFFICE 2003 Uninstaller - How to Uninstall OFFICE 2003 Entirely
- How Do I Remove Macrium Reflect V5.0 Free As Well As All Traces Of It?
- Alot Toolbar Removal - How Do I Get Rid Of ALOT Toobar Right Away?
- Uninstalling AllPlayer With Removal Tool
- Hex Workshop Not Responding - How To Uninstall And Then Reinstall Hex Workshop?
- Printer Driver Uninstall Guide - How to Uninstall Printer Driver Entirely and Easily
- CA AntiVirus Uninstall Tips - How to Remove CA AntiVirus Instantly
- Easeus Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition Won't Uninstall - Help Me Remove This Free Data Recovery Software!