Have you mistakenly downloaded the Driver Detective but despite going to a restore point and un-installing the program still appears in your list of programs? My assistant would like to be able to get this off his PC but can’t do anything. Even if he fined the files in Program Files, Win7 will not allow him to delete them and stop him with this error: Permission denied.
What would you do? There’s nothing on the program when he opens it that says anything about uninstalling it, and he looked in the program file but there’s no uninstall.exe or whatever it is. He can’t seem to uninstall Driver Detective. We’ve tried using Revo Uninstaller, also Windows Add/Remove Programs but had no luck.
Remove Driver Detective with Windows uninstaller
- Remove Driver Detective from Windows Vista/7 by going to “Start” on your computer and select “Control panel.”
- Find “Programs” and select “Uninstall a program.”
- Wait for the list to populate with names of all the programs that are available to uninstall under Programs and Features.
- Find and select “Driver Detective” and click on “uninstall.”
- Follow the onscreen prompts to remove the Driver Detective program.
In case, you want to check for left over files after restarting computer, go to “Start,” select “Computer” then selects “Program files.” You should scan the list for any files with the name “Driver Detective.” If it is in the list, select and delete it. Alternatively, you may go to “Start” and type “Driver Detective” in the “Start Search” bar at the bottom of the menu and click “Enter.” Select and delete any files named “Driver Detective.” Restart the computer.
Apparently, removing the Driver Detective is a relatively simple procedure. However, for some unknown reasons, the conventional ways can’t make sure is indeed gone forever.
While Driver Detective is harmless, after the frustration of not getting what you were promised, removing Driver Detective or uninstalling Sam Broadcaster with from your computer will make you feel released.
- Uninstall IGive Toolbar - How to Uninstall IGive Toolbar Thoroughly from PC?
- Antivirus System Pro Uninstall Help - How to Uninstall Antivirus System Pro Completely
- How to Uninstall Anti-Malware
- Kingsoft AntiVirus 2011 Removal - How to Uninstall Kingsoft AntiVirus 2011 from Windows XP
- Uninstalling LogonStudio - I Want To Stop LoginStudio Changing The Login Screen?
- How to Get Rid of Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update with A Safe Way?
- Automatic Wallpaper Changer Does Not Show Uninstaller Page - How Do I Do?
- Printer Driver Uninstall Guide - How to Uninstall Printer Driver Entirely and Easily
- Remove CyberDefender - How The Hell Do I uninstall CyberDefender?