My mom has given up on ever being able to use QuickTime again. She can’t install it and it will not let her uninstall it. At this point, she just wants it off her system and doesn’t want anything to do with apple. QuickTime shows in her add/remove programs. But every time I click on it, it does nothing. When I try to install the standalone version, it comes up and asks do you want to completely remove this program, I click ok and it gives me an error 1605 and exits. How do you get this program off your computer?
Why do I uninstall QuickTime?
In some instances, it may be necessary for you to remove all traces of iTunes, QuickTime, and related software components from your computer before reinstalling iTunes. For most technical issues though, uninstalling QuickTime and reinstalling iTunes is an unnecessary and overused troubleshooting step. If you are directed to reinstall iTunes by Apple Care, you can do so by following the steps below.
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Open the “Add or Remove Programs” or “Program and Features” within control panel.
3. Locate QuickTime in the list and select it.
4. Click the Change/Remove button.
A dialog will appear asking:
5. Do you want to completely remove QuickTime for Windows?
6. Click OK. The Installer will begin uninstalling QuickTime.
7. You’ll see a message when the removal is complete.
In most cases removing iTunes and its related components from the Control Panel will remove all supporting files belonging to those programs. In some cases those QuickTime files may be left behind. After following the previous steps, you should confirm that the following files and folders have been removed and if any are left behind, remove them if found:
If the QuickTime is taken away after following these steps, it is not necessary to remove and reinstall iTunes multiple times. Instead, you may find helpful uninstall tool online, such as.
Despite the fact that QuickTime is a computer video player software that is created by Apple, many people have uninstalled it from their computers Because of the fact that many types of video files require a working player to play. To uninstall QuickTime from your system, so the only solution would be to remove and reinstall the program on your computer with Perfect Uninstaller. Instead of going over and over the tedious task of troubleshooting the errors, Perfect Uninstaller the best solution to uninstall QuickTime as well as Roxio Media Manager from Your system.
Additionally, Perfect Uninstaller completely cleans the empty or corrupted registry entries left by previous attempts to uninstall a certain program.
- iClone5 Quick Fix Tutorial - Uninstalling IClone5 With Technical Steps
- Uninstall MapQuest Toolbar - How to Remove MapQuest Toolbar Thoroughly from Your Browser?
- Crawler Toolbar Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Crawler Toolbar from Your PC Instantly?
- Hard Drive Diagnostic Is Making Problems on PC - How to Remove Hard Drive Diagnostic Completely
- Uninstall Sprint Smart View - How to Uninstall Sprint Smart View Entirely
- Uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2012 - Free Software Remover
- Norton 2011 Removal - How to Uninstall Norton 2011 from Windows XP
- Uninstall CS4 - How to Uninstall CS4 Entirely From Windows
- Edfqvrw Toolbar Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Edfqvrw Toolbar from Your PC Instantly?