Does anyone know how to get rid of WhiteSmoke or remove Translator program? Alan accidently downloaded WhiteSmoke Translator on her work computer and cannot uninstall it now. He deleted the icons that came up on the start up and was able to remove one of the WhiteSmoke programs off Control Panel but the other one gives a message when he try to uninstall it from the Add/remove programs section. It says: “One or more of the WhiteSmoke files are locked by the ‘WSTray Dict Mode.exe’ process. Please switch to this process to close it and try again.” Please help me remove this program!!
If you also have a program called WhiteSmoke Translator that is on your desktop, all of these steps should be taken one at a time. If the current step you are on couldn’t solve the problem, you should need to move on to the next step.
Step 1 Uninstall WhiteSmoke with its own uninstaller
Please go to “Start” > “Programs”, select “WhiteSmoke” and click “Uninstall”
Step 2 Uninstall WhiteSmoke with Windows utility
- Close all MS Word and Outlook windows on your computer.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove programs (Just named “Programs and Features” or “Programs” in Vista or 7).
- Remove the following (if present):
- WhiteSmoke Translator
- Follow the setup wizard the complete the removal procedure.
Taking either of the two steps should uninstall the program and all its components. Otherwise, you need to go to your C drive, open Program Files, open the WhiteSmoke folder, and delete all the files in this folder. In case you need to remove the WhiteSmoke icon from MS Word, you should start with a right-click on the toolbar in MS Word, left-click on Customize, click on WhiteSmoke and then choose delete.
If this normal uninstall process is unable to rid you of WhiteSmoke of all programs. A specified uninstaller like is recommended to take charge of this matter.
Use a powerful uninstaller
- Download Perfect Uninstaller Freeware and save it to your Desktop.
- Install the program.
- Run the program and look through the display list.
- Select any WhiteSmoke product and uninstall them by turn. (Select the product and click on the Uninstall button).
With Perfect Uninstaller you can also uninstall other similar program like removing Babylon.
- Remove NetAssistant - How Do I Uninstall The Freeze.com NetAssistant Add-on
- Remove Unlimited Defender With Uninstall Steps
- What is InstallIQ Updater For? - Removing InstallIQ Updater
- Vista Security Uninstall Help - How to Remove and Uninstall Vista Security Completely
- Uninstalling Free HTML to PDF Converter - Quickest Removal Help
- Uninstall Skype office Toolbar - How to Remove Skype office Toolbar Thoroughly from Your Browser?
- How Do You Completely Uninstall and Remove all traces of iTunes?
- Uninstall McAfee Security Center
- Uninstall Norton Internet Security 8 - Remover Guide