My new neighbor has a new PC with Vista and MS Office 2003 on it. He recently upgraded to Office 2010 and as his PC is 64bit, he went ahead and selected the 64bit version of Outlook to install without noticing. He does not want to use Outlook. He’d rather use Windows mail which came on the PC. How do you uninstall just the Outlook program? When He goes to add/remove program, he has to delete the whole MS Office edition.
Due to the fact that Outlook is considered a “feature” of the larger Microsoft Office package, we’ll Change the configuration of Office in order to uninstall it.
- Locate and right click on Microsoft Office’s entry in Vista that means in Control Panel, Programs and Features.
- Click on one of the options is to Change the installation.
- Microsoft Office setup will run, and offer you one choice.
- Make sure that Add or Remove Features is selected, and press “Next”.
- At this point you’ll see all the major components (or “features”) of Microsoft Office listed, with checkboxes indicating which are currently installed. To remove Outlook 2010, simply clear its checkbox, and press “Next”. That should remove that component.
Alternatively, you can remove Outlook 2010 by using the Office Customization Tool
- To start the OCT, from the root of the network installation point, run the following command:
- \\server\share\setup.exe /admin
- To edit an existing Setup customization file (.msp), in the Select Product dialog box, click Open an existing Setup customization file.
- Or to create a new customization file, select the Office suite that you want to customize, and then click OK.
- In the navigation pane, select Set feature installation states.
- In the center pane, expand the Microsoft Office tree, and then right-click Microsoft Outlook.
- Select the installation option Not Available. To prevent users from reinstalling Outlook, select Hidden and Locked. The application name is displayed as [H] [L] Microsoft Outlook.
- After you have finished all the customizations, save the Setup customization file (.msp), and then exit the OCT.
- Deploy and apply the Setup customization file (.msp) to users’ computers.
If this is not uninstalling Outlook 2010 or you get refused when you going to reinstall the whole set of Outlook 2010, you will need to apply a more technical software to help. To that point, a would be just what you need. With Perfect Uninstaller installed and running on your computer, you will be able to get rid of Outlook 2010 with a few steps by this easy remover.
That way, you can also quickly purge unwanted program like Outlook 2007.
- SecretAgent Pro Removal Rejected - How Do You Uninstall SecretAgent Pro Quickly?
- How Do You Remove Nano Antivirus With Uninstaller Software?
- Why Can't I Uninstall Paltalk Messenger?
- Adobe Illustrator Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Adobe Illustrator Entirely
- Disable and Uninstall VRE Toolbar
- How Do You Uninstall 3D Earth Screensaver?
- Uninstalling Google Toolbar Not Work? - How Do I Remove Google Toolbar From Firefox?
- Uninstalling Magix Slideshow Maker With The Most Possible Solution
- How to Remove Mcafee Security Center from Windows System Thoroughly