Are you getting tired of completely uninstalling Norton Free Trial? Do you want to thoroughly uninstall Norton Free Trial and remove out its registry leftovers, registry errors and obsolete registry entries? My friend’s mother is trying to install Trend Micro on her new pc with Vista and it tells her that she has to uninstall Norton first. She did, and now it still tells her that she has to remove Norton, but when she tries, she gets the error message that it does not exist. Maybe it’s because trial versions of these products were preinstalled when the user purchased the computer, or maybe you want to uninstall Norton Free Trial and install another antivirus software product.
Removal of Norton Free Trial with Windows utility
In many cases, you can simply remove Norton Free Trial through the Add/Remove Control Panel.
1) Click on Start, Click on Control Panel
2) Double-click on Uninstall a Program under Programs
3) Find the Norton Free Trial listed under Programs and Features and click on it.
4) Click on Remove
5) Click the Remove All button to start the removal process of Norton Free Trial
6) Once the removal process completes, you’ll be asked to restart the computer. Go ahead and reboot at that time.
7) After rebooting Norton Free Trial should be removed from your system.
If for some reason, the normal uninstall does not remove it, you can follow the automatic uninstall instructions below to remove any leftover components of Norton Free Trial.
Removing Norton Free Trial Automatically with
Perfect Uninstaller has been created as an automatic removal program to remove the Norton Free Trial products when the normal removal methods fail. Follow these directions to download this specified Norton removal tool and run it to remove any unwanted program like ATI Display Driver.
- Click Save and install Perfect Uninstaller to your desktop.
- Close all Norton Application windows you may have open.
- Find the following directories in the hard drive and right click to “Uninstall With PU”once found.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Norton or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\NAV or C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\NIS
( Note:the Application Datas in them are hidden)
- Windows Vista users will have to right-click on the file and select “Run as Administrator”.
After the removal tool finishes, you should be prompted to restart your computer.
Once the computer restarts, your Norton Free Trial should be uninstalled.
- How to Uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Free Edition Completely in Minutes
- Save Defense Uninstall Tips - How to Remove Save Defense Instantly
- Cannot Uninstall Kaspersky antivirus program? - How to Uninstall Kaspersky antivirus program Completely in Minutes
- Qalkfxor Toolbar Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Qalkfxor Toolbar from Your PC Instantly?
- How Can I Uninstall Garden Planner Software?
- UMPlayer Uninstall Tool – How Do I Remove UMPlayer?
- Uninstall Musicmatch - How to Uninstall Musicmatch Entirely
- How to uninstall Cursor Mania
- GetGo Download Manager Uninstall Help