Do you want to uninstall Windows Live Messenger completely from your computer? Windows Live Messenger is a one of the most popular programs that are used to stay contact with friends or family. Using Windows Live Messenger can be highly addictive and nearly as personable as talking on the phone. Some people, however, prefer to use other instant messaging programs and need to remove Windows Live Messenger from their computers. Or, perhaps you upgraded to a newer version and decided go back to the old version. Anyhow, if you aren’t going to use the program, there are a couple of easy steps that enable you to uninstall Windows Live Messenger quickly.
Sometimes, it may be not that easy to uninstall program completely. So is in the case of removing Windows Live Messenger. Basically, windows system offers us two way to uninstall a program. Here is how to uninstall Windows Live Messager.
Use Add or Remove Programs
- Click the “Start” button in desktop, and then double-click on the “Control Panel.”
- Run “Add or Remove Programs”
- Look through the list of installed programs until you find “Windows Live Messenger.”
- Select “Windows Live Messenger”
- Click the “Remove” button, which will activate Windows Live Messenger to begin removing itself.
- Restart your computer if required.
Locate Hidden Files on Your Computer
1 Open “My Computer” or “My Documents” on your computer.
2 Click on the “Tools” menu and then select “Folder Options.”
3 Click on the “View” tab and locate the “Hidden Files and Folders” setting area.
4. Find the “Show Hidden Files and Folders” circle and click it.
5. Disable the “Hide Protected Operating System Files” box.
6. Click the “OK” button to find the file of Windows Live Messenger that you are searching for.
Before you start, you should know some shortcomings of Add or Remove Programs. It could not completely uninstall Windows Live Messenger and usually not remove related registry entries. We all know that too many useless registry entries is not good for the computer performance, which may lead to conflict in the future.
Best way to uninstall Windows Live Messenger
Considering the inconvenience of Add or Remove Programs, some third party uninstaller tools came to the market. Perfect Uninstaller is one of the most outstanding and stable uninstaller programs which can help you uninstall Windows Live Messenger entirely in minutes.
Want to Uninstall Windows Live Messenger Now?
- Download and Install now
- Highlight Windows Live Messenger in the “Display Name” list and then click “Uninstall” to proceed.
- Follow the prompts to finish the removal of Windows Live Messenger in seconds.
- Advice on Panda Cloud Antivirus Free Edition Removal-How to uninstall Panda Cloud Antivirus Free Edition Completely
- Uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software - How To Remove Blackberry Desktop Manager
- Diigo Toolbar Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Diigo Toolbar from System Completely?
- Uninstall CA Internet Security Suite - How to uninstall CA Internet Security Suite quickly?
- Can't Uninstall Silverlight - The Official Microsoft Silverlight Installation
- Punkbuster Uninstall Guide - How to Uninstall Punkbuster from Windows
- How Do I Uninstall Movie Torrent With Removal Tool Free?
- Effective Method to Fully Uninstall G Data TotalCare 2012
- NSECharts Is Not Compatible On My Computer - How To Remove It?