My father cannot uninstall the freeware program “Desktop Weather” from The Weather Channel. Both Add/Remove programs and Start/All Programs/Weather Channel/Uninstall bring up an error message that says: “Cannot find file install.log”. I went to TWC’s website to try to download the program again, hoping that the missing file would then be found. But they no longer offer downloads of the version he has. I downloaded the newer version, but it doesn’t replace the older version, so now I’ve got two weather programs opening at start up and two weather icons in my system tray. I’ve uninstalled the newer version of the program, but I’d like to uninstall the older one too. Is there another way for users to uninstall this Weather Channel program?
Usually, there are two options for uninstalling TWC desktop through control panel and the uninstall command in the TWC program. If you keep getting an unable to load install.log command during the removal, you can try to search the internet and try the windows install cleanup program. If you have spent a lot of time researching and trying to uninstall this, the only good news is that your computer performance doesn’t seem to be compromised. To get rid of this nasty program and avoid the weather bug installed on your Google page, click on “Start” – “Programs” – “The Weather Channel” – “Desktop Weather”. Then click on the Uninstall program. Follow the prompts to remove Desktop Weather.
You may also remove the application by clicking on “Start”, followed by “Settings”, then “Control Panel.” Then click on “Add/Remove Programs.” From the list, select “The Weather Channel,” and then click on “Add/Remove.” Follow the prompts to uninstall the application.
Alternatively, you can click on “Start” – “Settings” – “Control Panel”. Double click on the “Desktop Weather” weather services icon, and then click on the “Uninstall Weather Services” button. This should remove any remaining elements from your system.
From that point you will be able to proceed as normal with the removal.
These steps should hopefully uninstall Weather Channel from your desktop computer. If you are unable to o proceed as normal with the removal from that point, a will help.
This is a known issue with the product, and the Perfect Uninstaller has successfully removed numerous programs such as uninstalling Sonic Update Manager.
- Kingsoft AntiVirus 2011 Removal - How to Uninstall Kingsoft AntiVirus 2011 from Windows XP
- How Do I Remove Webroot Spysweeper? The Step-by-Step Program Removal Guides
- Uninstall Adobe Illustrator CS4 - I Want To Uninstall The CS4
- Lost Saga Uninstall Help - I Want To Delete Lost Saga Now!
- How Do You Uninstall Outlook Express?
- How to Uninstall McAfee Total Protection for Data Completely in Minutes
- Spyware Stop Uninstall Tips - How to Remove Spyware Stop Instantly
- Effective Method to Fully Uninstall G Data TotalCare 2012
- Antivirus Security Removal - How to Remove Antivirus Security Instantly