Can you uninstall Symantec Boot Magic? My young nephew recently installed Norton Boot Magic 8.0 on to my computer. After realizing it created big problems to a partition containing recovery files, he decided to uninstall it. That’s when the problems started. Boot Magic had installed itself in an area of his computer reserved for emergency recovery in the event of disastrous computer problems. Whilst installing itself there, it hid the partition! So when he tried to do anything in the boot magic link on the startup menu. He would get an error message saying that the link could not find boot magic! It was there just hidden!! Worse, if he tried to uninstall boot magic he would get more or less the same thing, can’t find the original installation. Therefore, when he tried to reinstall the software from the CD he has, it refused to re install as it was already installed!
When you look in the add/remove programs in the control panel Norton Boot Magic 8.0 shows it as being installed but you can’t uninstall it, it is possible to it manually.
Remove the Norton Boot Magic 8.0 of related files
- From the operating system where Norton Boot Magic 8.0 is installed, start Windows Explorer
- Navigate to the C:\ drive and delete C:\Program Files\PowerQuest folder.
- Navigate to and delete the following files:
- Click “Yes” when asked to confirm.
- Exit Windows Explorer
Remove the Norton Boot Magic 8.0 of related registry keys
- Exit all programs.
- Click Start > Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type the following and click OK.
- Type in “regedit”.
- In the left-hand pane, click My Computer to highlight it.
- Click Edit > Find.
- Copy the following string, and then paste it into the Find what: field:
- Click “Find Next”.
- When “Regedit” finds a matching registry key, press Delete.
- Click “Yes” to confirm the deletion.
- Press F3 to continue searching.
- Repeat steps 8 – 10 until all instances of the Norton Boot Magic 8.0 install string have been removed.
- Exit the Registry Editor.
However, this is never an easy task for common users to complete as the forcible removal of program files and registry keys may result in the damaging the whole system files. But with a
Accordingly, the Norton Boot Magic 8.0 will be uninstalled with suitable and automatic means under your control! That way, it has also successfully got rid of kinds of BootMagic program for users of all levels!
- DriverMax Unisntall Help - How Can I Remove DriverMax Totally?
- Uninstall Warcraft 3 - How to Uninstall Warcraft 3 Entirely
- How Do You Uninstall CoffeeHTML2008.exe?
- How to Remove Picture Motion Browser If You Can not Uninstall It in Normal Way?
- Need for Speed Underground 2 - Uninstall Tips
- Prevx Pro 2012 Removal - How to Uninstall Prevx Pro 2012 from Windows XP
- Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner Uninstall - How to Remove Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner Instantly
- Uninstall Yahoo Messenger-How to Uninstall Yahoo Messenger Instantly?
- Free YouTube Download - How Will This YouTube Downloader Go Away From My Computer?