In order to play a video game, some the website required that my brother download a plug-in, I think it was Adobe Shockwave. So he downloaded the plug-in, unfortunately it came with Norton Security Scan, which he did not want. He has tried removing it through the Control Panel’s “Uninstall a program” feature. However, it reappears the next time he restarts my computer. He even removed all Symantec items from the registry, but Norton Security Scan continues to return. I tried this a second time and after rebooting it was there again. Finally, I do have this program completely off of his computer, with many hard works.
The simple way to get Norton Security Scan moved out
Since my brother is running on Vista Ultimate, the easiest choice to uninstall Norton Security Scan is to go through Control Panel:
1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
2. In Windows Vista, click Uninstall a Program.
(If you are running on Windows XP, double-click Add or Remove Programs.)
3. In the list of installed programs, click Norton Security Scan, and then click Remove or Uninstall.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Norton Security Scan.
Likewise, I have to delete the scheduled task through the “Start”:
Click the Start button, and then click All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Task Scheduler. Click Task Status. Under Active Tasks, click NSSStub, and in the right pane, under Actions, click Delete. Exit Scheduled Tasks.
But For Windows XP users, to delete the scheduled task you need to : Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks. Right-click NSSStub and then click Delete. In the confirmation dialog box that appears, click “Yes”. Exit Scheduled Tasks.
The final but the most indispensable step is to delete a registry key that contains information of the Norton Security Scan. However, to Windows registry is never an easy task and you need to back up the registry before you make any changes to it since incorrect changes to the registry can result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. In that regard, you should only modify only the specified registry key as such:
The most effective way to take Norton Security Scan away
If unfortunately this manual procedure refuses to get rid of Norton Security Scan from your programs list or you get “Internal Error 2753. Nss.exe” during the removal, this can be due to the fact that it simply failed, or there are some files left on your registry and on your hard-drive that are Norton related. So, what do you need to do now to uninstall and to remove Norton Security Scan from your computer? The best option that you can do in order to successfully to get an uninstaller software. This way, the has fully uninstalled Norton Security Scan and removed Adobe Acrobat 9 from many computers by 3 easy steps that are automated.
- Firstly, the Perfect Uninstaller will start removing Norton Security Scan.
- Once that has been done, the uninstaller will scan both your registry, and your hard-drive.
- If the Perfect Uninstaller found any related files of Norton Security Scan, then it will delete them immediately.
- Remove PC Defender - PCDefender Uninstall Guide
- Uninstall Yahoo! Messenger - How to Uninstall Yahoo! Messenger Entirely
- Uninstall Flash Player Pro - How Do I Remove Flash Player Pro On Windows?
- Uninstall DameWare Mini Remote – How to Uninstall DameWare Mini Remote Entirely
- Uninstall MSN Toolbar
- Media Player Classic Uninstall - How Do You Remove Media Player Classic?
- How Do I Silently Uninstall Google Chrome 16.0 From My Computer?
- KeyScrambler Personal - Free Uninstall Software Download
- Norton Uninstall Help - How to Uninstall Norton Completely from Windows