AVG Antivirus 2012 is an excellent piece of internet security package. You either will have the free edition, this will contain just the virus checker, or you will have the whole package, this will have the virus check, ad-ware remover, spyware remover, Trojan remover, a firewall and much more. However, though AVG offers one of the best free virus checkers out there it does have its fair share of problems. It can slow down your computer, prevent you from visiting certain websites and in some cases corrupt your system. In some extreme cases, it is even abused by hackers to extort money.
So, once your system is infected, you need to act quickly to remove AVG Antivirus 2012 before it does permanent harm to your data. The ease with which you can uninstall AVG Antivirus is somewhat dependent on how you got it in the first place. This article can help you find the related files and processes much quicker than if you were starting from scratch.
How to Uninstall AVG Antivirus 2012
The AVG Antivirus 2012 software can be very simple to remove. There are quite a few processes you need to go through in order to completely delete the software and it won’t take quite a long time. This is to be expected from almost any internet security program.
The first step is to fully close down the software:
1. Press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete buttons.
2. Click on Task Manger and then the processes tab.
3. Scroll down the list and find AVG. If it isn’t there you can move on to the second step.
4. Highlight AVG and press End Process.
The second step is to delete the software:
a) Go to ‘Start’ button and click on Control Panel
b) Click on icon which says ‘Add or remove programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’
c) Scroll the list and find an item which says ‘AVG Antivirus 2012′
d) Click on ‘Uninstall’ and a wizard will launch which will allow you to remove antivirus software
e) Restart your computer
a) Go to Google.com and Search for ‘AVG Antivirus 2012′
b) Download AVG 2012 installer program to your computer
c) Launch the installer program which will automatically detect the already installed AVG on your computer
d) Out of the three options presented, select ‘Uninstall’ or ‘Remove Completely’ option.
e) Finish the wizard and restart your computer
Either of the method above should remove the AVG Antivirus 2012 from your computer. If none of the methods above work, it may indicate that your registry has been corrupted. In such a case, you should re-install AVG Antivirus 2012 and then try uninstalling / removing it from your computer.
If you are still having errors or problems with the software after you have completed all of these instructions then you will need to contact the AVG support system. If folder just keeps coming back, in these cases you might need to get uninstaller program. There is a program called the . This software is able to forcibly remove any programs such as Adobe CS3 that you are having problems with in just a few minutes, and with 100% security guarantee.
- Cannot Uninstall Mcafee Free Download? - How to Uninstall Mcafee Free Download Completely in Minutes
- Panda ActiveScan Removal - How to Uninstall Panda ActiveScan from Windows XP
- Software Uninstaller To Remove IObit Malware Fighter
- Can't Uninstall PDF Reader For Windows 7 - Got It Now!
- DVRMSToolbox - Why Can't I Uninstall DVRMSToolbox?
- BullZip PDF Printer Not Starting - How To Repair Or Remove This FREE PDF Printer?
- How Do I Uninstall Apple iTunes 10.5 Correctly?
- Registry Booster Uninstall Guide - How to Uninstall Uniblue Registry Booster Entirely
- HONcode toolbar Uninstaller - How to Uninstall HONcode toolbar from Your PC Instantly?