Roxio Media Manager kills me. Whenever I start the Computer it tries to install Roxio Media Manager which is not successful. It binds the Windows Installer which is running 100% CUP capacity like a never ending story. The only way to stop is to kill both Roxio Media Manager and stop the Installer by ending the process in Task Manager. However, as soon as I start another Microsoft Product the installation process restarts! I never intended to install a thing like Roxio Media Manager. Is there a way to get to Windows Installer and take Roxio Media Manager off of whatever list Windows Installer is using to try to install it?
What is Roxio Media Manager?
As a matter of fact, Roxio Media Manager is a CD burning tool. If you just cleaned up your computer with msconfig and now when you restart the computer Windows Installer starts trying to install Roxio Media Manager with a message after a while “The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.” Or “Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to find folder containing the installation package “Roxio Media Manager.mis” in the box below”, you are not finished.
Manually remove Roxio Media Manager
To stop Windows from opening and trying to install this, the most technical way to stop it is to:
1.Click on Start, Run, regedit (enter this command)
2.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft \Windows\CurrentVersion\ RunOnce
just search for entries like ‘RoxioMgr’ or anything that starts with Roxio.
Delete this entry.
Search for entries like ‘RoxioMgr’ or anything that starts with Roxio.
4.Delete this entry.
You must be highly cautious when taking steps above. Since you are operating on heart-of-windows, so take utmost care not to delete any other entries. Otherwise, your entire system will go to a doom.
How do you remove only the Roxio Media Manager component of the Desktop Manager.
Alternatively, Roxio Media Manager can be removed within control panel of Windows or through uninstaller offered by the Roxio Media Manager manufacturer. However, once the uninstalling code of the Roxio Media Manager is corrupted by an unexpected attack from other program or a computer virus, all the solutions brought up will never uninstall Roxio Media Manager due to the fact the installed files of the program has been spitted all over the place in the hard drives and registry. If that is your case at the moment, you need an uninstaller program which can scan and automatically remove the registry entries or directories of Roxio Media Manager Software.
Up till now, there are so many software uninstallers available online, but only some of them like get rid of Zynga Toolbar.can forcibly remove necessary files and registry information, and eventually clean up your unwanted Roxio Media Manager or
Force Uninstall Roxio Media Manager instruction (one directory or one file a time)
1. Download and install Perfect Uninstaller on your computer.
2. Right click each of the directories or files to select “Force Uninstall” to start the removal.
3. Follow the on screen steps to finish the removal of Roxio Media Manager.
4. Reboot computer and repeat the same Force Uninstall process until all the directories of Roxio Media Manager are gone.
- Spyware Isolator Uninstall Tips - How to Remove Spyware Isolator Instantly
- Spurs Toolbar Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Spurs Toolbar from Your PC Instantly?
- Need To Uninstall CursorFX? - Learn How To Do it Right Away!
- KeyScrambler Removal – What Can You Do to Fully Remove KeyScrambler from Your PC
- Installing/UnInstalling Cocoon Tutorial - Can I Remove Cocoon From Firefox?
- Uninstall AOL Toolbar
- Uninstall Trojan Hunter5.0
- Uninstalling iTunes 10.5 - How Do I Remove iTunes On Windows Computer?
- Cannot Uninstall Norman Personal Firewall? - How to Uninstall Norman Personal Firewall Completely in Minutes