How do you remove AVG Free 9.0 or uninstall AVG 9.0? My roommate tried to delete AVG 9.0, the free version downloaded earlier this year. He opened Control Panel and used Add/Remove Programs. Clicking Remove for AVG Free 9.0 starts the removal process but then it stops and doesn’t get all of it. The message was that the Uninstall Failed. He tried to uninstall it with AVG 9.0′s own Uninstall. That did not work either.
The following steps are what people as well as he have tried to AVG Free 9.0:
- Go down to the bottom left-hand corner of your screen and left-click on the Start button. This will bring up the Start menu and you should be able to see the Control Panel menu option. Click on Control Panel and a new box should appear.
- Find the Programs heading and look for a link that says “Uninstall a program”. Click on this link. A new window will appear showing all of the installed programs on your computer.
- Scroll down through your list of installed programs under Programs and Features and find AVG Free 9.0. Once you’ve located the program, click to highlight the program.
- Click the Uninstall button on the control panel menu towards the top of the window.
- Once you click uninstall, AVG Free 9.0 will immediately begin the uninstall process, with the uninstall program checking the status of your system.
- Next, you’ll want to select whether or not to remove the items in your virus vault and your user settings. If you want your computer to be void of any traces of AVG 9.0, you can check both boxes and click the “Yes” button.
If you have any open programs that may interfere with the uninstall process of AVG Free 9.0, another window will appear asking you to close those programs. If you have any unsaved work in these programs, save your work before continuing.
Once all of the components have been uninstalled, you come to a screen asking you to restart your computer. Click on the “OK” button and your computer should restart.
Once complete, AVG Free 9.0 will now be uninstalled from your computer. If you are unable to walk through this process, you can try to uninstall it by reinstalling AVG Free 9.0 with below steps if possible.
- Download AVG 9.0 Free Edition.
- When asked, do not open the file directly from the Internet. Instead, click Save.
- Launch installation by clicking the AVG icon.
- Choose Add/Remove Components during the installation process.
- Next, click on Uninstall to start the removal process. This option removes the AVG program from your PC.
If, for some reasons, AVG Free 9.0 still appear when the uninstall process is finishing up. The last resort should be a forcible uninstall either manually or automatically. However, a manual removal of AVG Free 9.0 for each related entries is nearly impossible for common pc users.
Therefore, the most effective way is running a that automatically will carry out the uninstall process of AVG Free 9.0 through your hard drive and registry once the main entries are located.
- How Do You Symantec Endpoint Protection?
- Trying To Remove TeamViewer - How To Remove TeamViewer From My Computer?
- AVG LinkScanner Free Edition for Mac Uninstall Help - How to Remove AVG LinkScanner Free Edition for Mac from Windows System Thoroughly
- My Supervisor Removal - How to Remove My Supervisor Instantly
- How Do You Remove PerfectAntivirus With Uninstaller Software?
- How Can I Uninstall AoA DVD Creator From My Computer Instantly?
- Can't Remove CyberLink Power2Go Essential - Free Uninstall Software Here!
- Uninstalling PowerTab - How Do I Remove Power Tab Editor On Windows 7?
- Google Toolbar Uninstall - How to Uninstall Google Toolbar Completely?