My father ran into a sort of Comodo problems a couple of weeks ago. He used Control Panel to uninstall but he goes to the security center it tells him that Comodo is still there and that he should not be using two firewalls. He tried to uninstall Comodo time after time but whenever he click “Change/Remove” nothing happens. I looked around and found some solutions to this problem. There’s a few ways you can completely uninstall Comodo Internet Security, some a little bit too techie for me, but I’ll give you the easiest way that worked for you.
Comodo uninstall utility
If you are having trouble uninstalling Comodo Internet Security, it means you already tried uninstalling this program using your standard Add/Remove Programs utility on Windows, or you’ve probably tried removing the program using their standard uninstaller without success as such:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel
- In the Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs
- In the list of currently installed programs, click Comodo Internet Security
- Click the ‘Remove’ button.
- Click on “Uninstall” when the built-in uninstaller is activated
Provided by Windows, this standard uninstall solution for Comodo can just remove the program if detected as a completely installed application. But if the built-in uninstaller is not found, no matter how many times you try, the Comodo Internet Security still sits there in an ‘on’ state or it simply gives you the error message that “Comodo is already installed and would I like to uninstall now” when you are going to install it. Under that situation, you need to find out the left over entries of Comodo security and wipe them out either manually or automatically.
As default setting, the directories for Comodo are as such:
C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Application Data\Comodo
Apparently, It seems to me or any less technical users to be unable to remove Comodo antivirus directly in the hard drive. Lucky enough, there is a proven way that worked is to use third-party uninstaller software like . Perfect uninstaller has been known publicly to force clean up of registry entries, files, etc of this Comodo Internet Security program from any computer. You’ll be surprised to see how Comodo and Network Magic are removed by Perfect Uninstaller
Force Uninstall Comodo
1. Exit Comodo on your computer
2. Run Perfect Uninstaller and select Force Uninstall
3. Navigate to directories or files and select “Next” to start the removal ( one directory or one file a time)
4. .Follow the on screen steps to finish the removal.
5. Reboot computer and repeat this Force Uninstall Procedure until Comodo is gone
- Save Defender Uninstall Help - How to Remove and Uninstall Save Defender Completely
- Dr.Web LinkChecker for Opera Uninstall Help - How to Remove Dr.Web LinkChecker for Opera from Windows System Thoroughly
- Freedom Online Virus Check Uninstall Tips - How to Uninstall Freedom Online Virus Check from Windows Completely Instantly
- Adobe Premiere Uninstall Help – The Best Way to Completely Remove Adobe Premiere from Your Computer
- Uninstalling Abrosoft FantaMorph Pro - How Do You Uninstall Abrosoft FantaMorph Pro Completely?
- MS Antivirus Uninstall Help - How to Remove and Uninstall MS Antivirus Completely
- Can not Uninstall Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Using Its Uninstaller
- Can’t Uninstall SplitCam with Using its Uninstaller- How to Remove SplitCam Effectively?
- How Do I Easily Uninstall HP 1522 Printer?