My iTunes is corrupted. It is not easy to remove it. When I am trying to upgrade to latest iTunes, I get the message “The desktop manager is currently running. Before proceeding please close it. Select cancel to abort installation”. At the beginning, I thought I would remove the iTunes via add/remove programs but I get the same message. Whilst, I opened Task Manager and check running programs it is not shown as a running application. If you are having the same problem as mine, you need to do a clean uninstall procedure removes all traces of the iTunes as what I do here.
What Can You Do to Uninstall iTunes with Windows uninstaller
1. Close and exit iTunes.
2. Open the Control Panel and double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
3. Select iTunes and click Change/Remove.
4. On the InstallShield Wizard window, click the Remove option, followed by Next.
5. On the Confirm Uninstall window, click OK.
6. On the InstallShield Wizard window, click Finish.
Delete the Research In Motion Folders from Hard Drive
1. Delete the Research In Motion folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files (if present).
2. Delete the Research In Motion folder in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\
Note: If you are unable to see the Application Data folder, it might be a hidden system folder and you should display hidden files and folders by changing the settings of View File.
How to Completely Delete the Research In Motion folders from registry:
1. Click Start > Run.
2. Type Regedit, and then click OK.
3. Delete the Research In Motion folder located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\
4. Leave the Registry Editor open to complete the next task.
Delete the iTunes folder from your hard drive, open Windows Explorer and delete the iTunes folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ iTunes. If you are unable to delete the folder, rename it by completing the following steps.
1. Right-click the iTunes folder and select Rename.
2. Rename the folder (for example, iTunes _old).
3. Press Enter.
The iTunes should now be fully uninstalled. Restart the computer to make sure that all background processes of the desktop software are cleared from system memory.
Using an Uninstall Program to Delete Corrupted iTunes
If you feel that the manual process on removing iTunes is either too difficult or too dangerous then you could download online uninstaller software to do job for you. There are programs out there that are designed to forcibly remove software such as Adobe Acrobat 8 that Windows has trouble deleting. Amongst them,is well known to be able to automatically delete the corrupted file paths from the hard drive without having to back up the files or manually remove anything system registry.
- MS Antivirus Uninstall Help - How to Remove and Uninstall MS Antivirus Completely
- Advice on PCTools Removal-How to uninstall PCTools Completely
- Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional Won't Uninstall - Adobe Acrobat Remover
- OneCause Toolbar Uninstaller - How to Uninstall OneCause Toolbar from Your PC Instantly?
- Uninstall LU Library Toolbar - How to Remove LU Library Toolbar Thoroughly from Your Browser?
- How To Uninstall Kaspersky Pure Total Security?
- Uninstall Security Shield - Helpful Security Shield uninstall guide!
- How Can Take Uninstall Virtual Desktop Assist Off My Computer The Fastest Way?
- How to Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Windows Completely Instantly