The MapQuest Toolbar is a utility to make Maps, Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices, Route Planner, and Mobile readily available at the touch of a button from your internet browser. With MapQuest Toolbar installed, you can get quicker access directly to MapQuest and you can use some features in the toolbar itself to do things such as mapping, directions, traffic, and searching for that cheap gasoline. You can also populate this toolbar with additional popular web sites that will take you directly to those sites right from MapQuest Toolbar.
A disadvantage of MapQuest Toolbar is that it will sometimes slow down your internte browser. Do you know how to remove MapQuest Toolbar from your browser? Read this article now and see what you do not know.
There is a fact you should be clear. No matter what toolbar, they will occupy certain system resource and network speed. So you should uninstall MapQuest Toolbar when you will no longer use it. Moreover, there is no need to install too many toolbars in your browser, which can slow down opening a website.
Some browsers offer solution to uninstalling a toolbar. The following is how to uninstall MapQuest Toolbar in Firefox.
1. Run Firefox browser and click on the Tools menu.
2. Select Extensions
3. In Firefox Extensions Manager window, choose MapQuest Toolbar and then click uninstall
4. Restart your computer to complete the removal
If the browser you are using does not have such function, you can also uninstall the toolbar through windows Control Panel.
Take windows Vista for example.
1. Open Control Panel from Start menu
2. Click Uninstall a program
3. Locate MapQuest Toolbar in the list
4. Click uninstall button
Note: in windows 7 and windows XP, there is a slight difference, but not difficult. Usually related registry entries will be left when you uninstall a program. Gradually, lots of useless registry entries will remain and thus slow down your PC as well as generating errors. You can use a registry repair program to clean up MapQuest Toolbar registry entries.
Recommended solution to uninstall MapQuest Toolbar thoroughly
Now we can find many third party uninstaller programs on the market and the tech has been very advanced. Using a professional uninstaller tool to remove MapQuest Toolbar or other unneeded program becomes a popular choice. If you are not familiar with any uninstaller program, it is recommended to use, which is user-friendly and enjoys good reputation.
How to uninstall MapQuest Toolbar with Perfect Uninstaller
1. Download Perfect Uninstaller from its official website.
2. Install and run the tool
3. Highlight MapQuest Toolbar in the list and click uninstall button
Note: if MapQuest Toolbar is corrupted, use Force Uninstall to remove it completely.
- Anti Trojan Elite Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Anti Trojan Elite Thoroughly
- Uninstalling Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete 2012 - SecureAnywhere Complete 2012 Removal Free!
- Digg Toolbar Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Digg Toolbar from Your PC Instantly?
- How Do You Uninstall The Inbox.com Toolbar?
- Think Smart Uninstall Help - How to Remove and Uninstall Think Smart Completely
- Uninstall Regwork - How to Uninstall Regwork Entirely
- Uninstalling Star Downloader Failed - Get It Done Here!
- iSee DVD Creator Error - How To Remove ISee DVD Creator?
- Uninstalling Limewire Failed? - How to Uninstall Limewire Completely in Minutes