My brother just got a Dell Notebook. It came with lots of junk he wishes to remove including McAfee Internet Security Suite. I tried removing it using add/remove programs, to no avail. Now he is getting error messages asking for installing the program when he boots the computer. So, We are wondering how should the McAfee be taken away?
Uninstall McAfee Internet Security from control panel
The first thing I try is to remove McAfee Internet Security Suite with the built-in uninstaller and the McAfree removal tool on their site MCPR.exe.
As a Vista user, I click on the Start menu and type ‘programs and features’ in the Start Search menu and hit Enter on the keyboard. When the window opens, click Uninstall a program, select the particular McAfee product like McAfee Internet Security etc., and click on the Uninstall button. When prompted, click on the Yes button or whatever option there to proceed. Then, I reboot the computer when prompted to let the changes save.
Since the abovementioned method doesn’t completely remove the desired McAfee program, I then download the MCPR.exe tool from McAfee’s website to download the tool. Click on the Save File button and save the file to a desired location where it is easily accessible from. When done, locate the file, and double click on it to open. Run the file (run as an administrator in Windows Vista/7) and wait until the process completes. When I receive the message Cleanup Successful, reboot computer. If you want you can view logs of the uninstalled program and save these to a Notepad. When done, contact your McAfee technical support and give them the log details to confirm that McAfee Internet Security Suite has been fully removed from your computer.
If uninstall utility of Windows is able to uninstall Babylon 7, TeamViewer, and as such, The best option at this point when you still cannot uninstall McAfee Internet Security Suite is to resort to a uninstaller program such as . Namely, Perfect Uninstaller is capable of removing any program including corrupted McAfee Internet Security that cannot be uninstalled by conventional means. After that it automatically detects and cleans up all registry entries and leftover drivers installed by the removed program.
- Uninstall Microsoft Office 2003 - How to Uninstall Microsoft Office 2003 Entirely
- Uninstall GameVance - Gamevance Removal Tool
- Removing Maximizer CRM Entrepreneur10 - How to Uninstall Older Version Of Maximizer?
- How to Uninstall Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus from Windows XP
- Uninstall iLibs - How Do I Remove iLibs Completely?
- Fortinet Removal - How to Uninstall Fortinet from Windows XP
- How Do I Remove Lphant.com And Uninstall Lphant Completely?
- Fortinet Antivirus Uninstall Help - How to Remove Fortinet Antivirus Thoroughly
- Spy Hunter Uninstall Help - How to Uninstall Spy Hunter Thoroughly?