My brother wants to uninstall Norton Backup from his newly arrived HP laptop with Windows 7 64Bit installed. But it won’t let him do that. He did get Norton removal tool from it s official website but Norton Backup was not listed. The Norton program is still present in My Computer/Programs/Symantec. He did remove most of the files by deleting, but others remain as there are many copies of this online backup on his computer. How can you uninstall Norton Online Backup from your system?
How to Uninstall Norton Online Backup?
To uninstall Norton Online Backup from your Windows 7 operating system, perform the following steps:
1. Run the Start menu, and then go to Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, double-click on the Uninstall a Program option.
3. Scroll through the list displayed in the Programs and Features box and select one of the Symantec, Norton, or Live Update options listed.
4. Select the Remove or Change/Remove button to start the uninstall process.
5. Repeat the process for related entries included in the list.
6. Exit the Programs and Features option and restart your computer if it does not restart automatically.
7. Search for and remove all Symantec and Norton folders from your system.
How to Uninstall Norton Backup with a few clicks?
Due to the fact that the technology of Norton Online Backup is so complicated, the removal of is surely a daunting task to accomplish. Even though you are a computer professional, to manually clean the any entries of Norton Online Backup proves to be very dangerous as it involves many sensitive data on your computer. Accordingly, you can apply an easier and more secure uninstaller such as that can forcibly remove all components of Norton Backup or unwanted Security Essentials 2011 in the hard drive and registry of your computer.
Force Uninstall Norton Backup
1. Exit Norton Backup
2. Find the directory directly in the hard drive where you locate Norton Backup program as such:
3. C:\Program Files\Norton Backup
4. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Norton Backup
5. Right click the directory to select “Force Uninstall” to start the removal. Follow the onscreen steps to finish the removal.
6. Reboot computer and repeat this Force Uninstall process until all the directories of Norton Backup are gone.
- Uninstall Ekvgsnw Toolbar - How to Uninstall Ekvgsnw Toolbar Thoroughly from PC?
- Uninstalled Avery Wizard Incorrectly - How To Remove Avery Wizard
- Freecorder Toolbar User Uninstall Guide
- SimAQUARIUM Uninstall Help - Could You Sim Aquarium 3D Free?
- How Do I Uninstall Avant? - Avant Browser
- How Do You Uninstall Fix it Utilities 8 Professional?
- What Is Sonic Update Manager - How Do I Uninstall Sonic Update Manager?
- How to Remove System Mechanic Efficiently from Your Computer? Delete System Mechanic with Its Uninstall Guides
- Office Removal Wizard - How Do You Uninstall Office 2003