Microsoft Silverlite is an application framework for writing and running rich internet applications, similar to Adobe Flash. Silverlite is a web browser plug-in and now is available for most web browsers. However, there are fewer applications that support Silverlite than Flash, and recently there are reports of Silverlite causing IE to crash. These may be the reasons users want to uninstall Silverlite. Follow the instructions below to remove Silverlite instantly.
Recommended method to remove Silverlite is to use the standard Windows uninstaller
1. If you have opened Silverlite, you should end Silverlite in Windows Task Manager before you run the un-installation. Because Silverlite is a web browser plug-in, you’d better end web browser too.
2. Click on the Start button in the left hand corner of your desktop to find the Control Panel menu.
3. Double click on the Control Panel tab to open it and then click on the programs option.
4. In the pop up window with many options for maintaining programs, choose Uninstall a program. Then computer will spend a minute or two to compile a list of programs installed on your computer.
5. Scroll through the list until you find Silverlite.
6. Click on the Silverlite and then select Uninstall. On Vista, you can find Uninstall option directly above the list next to the Organize and Views tabs. Or you can simply double click on the Silverlite and then a User Account Control window will open asking permission to continue with removing the program.
7. Follow the on screen instructions to finish the removal.
8. Restart your computer if necessary.
By taking the steps above, you should manually uninstall Silverlite as a whole program. However, the process is simple, and you might fail easily. Although you are extremely careful, the removal would mess up with other program on the computer easily. Therefore, it is highly recommended users to use a third party uninstall tool to run a clean removal. A professional uninstall tool would uninstall any unwanted program quickly and completely. Some installed applications are hidden in your system, so you cannot easily find and remove them manually, but the third party uninstaller would force uninstall these hidden applications.
- How Do You Perform A Thorough Uninstall System Mechanic 10?
- How Do I Uninstall Opera And Clean Install Opera 11?
- Rising Internet Security 2011 Removal-How to Get Rid of Rising Internet Security 2011 with A Safe Way?
- McAfee NetShield for NetWare Uninstall Help - How to Remove McAfee NetShield for NetWare from Windows System Thoroughly
- Is It an Easy Way to Completely Uninstall Rocketlife Messenger from Your Laptop?
- Atfxqogp Toolbar Uninstall - How to Uninstall Atfxqogp Toolbar Completely?
- Super AntiSpyware Uninstall Help - How to Uninstall Super AntiSpyware Completely
- Vista Guard Removal Tips - How to Uninstall Vista Guard Instantly
- Sophos Antivirus 2012 Enterprise Uninstall Tips - How to Uninstall Sophos Antivirus 2012 Enterprise from Windows Completely Instantly