Recently, I installed TuneUp Utilities 2011 to my computer and then I uninstalled it through the control panel. When I try to reinstall, a message pops up saying that a more recent version is already installed. I deleted every folder and shortcut of TuneUp Utilities 2011 but still the same problem. I tried to use some online uninstallers but TuneUp is not being found. I also tried to remove it from the registry. But it didn’t work either.
How to uninstall TuneUp Utilities 2011?
The new month didn’t start in a great way, at least for me who didn’t manage to uninstall TuneUp from my computer. In fact, for some reason Tuneup won’t uninstall. It will just refuse to follow the regular procedure thus preventing me from getting rid of it and giving a bunch of error messages. Just like me, users will get frustrated and will look on the Internet for a proper Tuneup removal tool which most of the time won’t work as well.
If you can’t uninstall TuneUp Utilities 2011, you have to know that is neither your fault nor your computer’s. In fact, the whole software is affected by an “old” bug which causes issues during the uninstall procedure. So, let see how to delete and remove latest Tuneup and TuneUp Utilities 2011 in a few steps! The following are a couple of solutions to manually uninstall it which could help you solve the problem.
For Windows users, TuneUp Utilities 2011 can be removed via DOS
1. Click Start.
2. In the Search field (Windows 7) or Run (Windows Vista) type cmd and press Enter.
3. On the black DOS window, type: cd C:\Program Files\utilities\TuneUp.
4. (The whole trick here is to know the exact folder where the software is installed. So, if you do not know it, you should click Start, Computer and browse among your Computer folders looking for such it.)
5. Type install.log and press Enter. This should start an automatic uninstall procedure.
After that, to ensure a clean removal, you should delete registry keys of TuneUp Utilities 2011
1. Click Start.
2. In the Search field or Run. Type regedit and press Enter.
3. Locate this Windows registry folder on the left pane: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\ Uninstall
4. On the right pane, locate the registry key which contains “TuneUp”.
5. Look for the key UninstallString. Such a key points to the uninstaller. The log file is located on the same folder where the software resides.
6. Delete the key containing “TuneUp”.
7. Then, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software. On such registry folders you should look for any subfolders containing the word “TuneUp” or the name of the company that produce the software. Delete such registry subfolders containing TuneUp and TuneUpMedia
8. Exit Windows Registry.
How to uninstall TuneUp Utilities 2011 the easy way?
If the above steps have not taken TuneUp Utilities 2011 away from your computer, don’t be freaked out. A can simply uninstall and remove unwanted programs immediately. When a Perfect Uninstaller is working, it will scan and delete files across several locations on your hard disk and also make entries in the registry, the central database of Windows. In that way, either TuneUp Utilities 2011 or the new TuneUp Utilities 2012 will get off your computer through automated steps.
- Errorfix Uninstall Help - How to Remove Errorfix from Windows System Thoroughly
- How Do I Uninstall SUPERAntiSpyware Of Any Version?
- Uninstall Microsoft Office 2003 - How to Uninstall Microsoft Office 2003 Entirely
- CS3 Uninstaller - How to Uninstall CS3 Entirely
- CyberScrub AntiVirus Uninstall Tips - How to Remove CyberScrub AntiVirus Instantly
- Cannot Uninstall Yahoo Messenger - How Do You Remove Yahoo Messenger 11.0?
- Uninstalling Ksnipe - How Would You Remove Ksnipe Software On Windows Computer?
- Norman Malware Cleaner 2011 Uninstall Tips - How to Uninstall Norman Malware Cleaner 2011 from Windows Completely Instantly
- Force Uninstall Crawler in Your Computer Using Crawler Uninstall Tool