My cousin uninstalled iTunes 10 when it came up a couple of days ago for windows 7 and tried to install iTunes 10.5 and it won’t work. He deleted all existing apple programs from his computer but when he tries to install again it says long error involved with Microsoft? Currently, he can apparently no longer connect to the iTunes Store, either through the computer or through the iPod.
In such instances, it may be necessary to remove all traces of iTunes, QuickTime, and related software components from your computer before reinstalling iTunes. You can get that done by following the steps in this article.
Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and then restart your computer:
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
Here are the more detailed steps on removing these components:
- Quit the following programs if they are running:
- QuickTime Player
- Apple Software Update
- From the Start menu, click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click the “Uninstall a program” link as shown below. The Programs and Features Control Panel opens.
- Alternately, if you do not see the “Uninstall a program” link, click Programs and Features.
- Select iTunes from the list of currently installed programs. Then, click Uninstall.
- When asked if you would like to remove iTunes, click “Yes”.
- After the uninstall process is complete, do not restart your computer if you are prompted to.
- If you see other iTunes entries in the list, remove them as well by repeating steps 4-6.
- Restart your computer.
Normally, removing iTunes and its related components from the Control Panel will remove all supporting files belonging to those programs. In some rare cases those though, files may be left behind. Therefore, you should confirm that the following files and folders have been removed after following the previous steps. If any are left behind, remove them now:
- C:\Program Files\Bonjour
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\
- C:\Program Files\iTunes\
- C:\Program Files\iPod\
- C:\Program Files\QuickTime\
Uninstalling these components in a different order, or only uninstalling some of these components may have unintended affects when installing iTunes 10.5. It is highly recommended that you should deploy an effective program remover to get rid of iTunes 10.5 with auto means. Such program is a that is specifically designed for uninstalling iTunes of all components with only a few clicks!
Uninstall iTunes 10.5 with Perfect Uninstaller
- Free download and install Perfect Uninstaller.
- Click each component of the iTunes 10.5 in the “Display Name” list.
- Click the “Uninstall” button to start the removal.
- How Do I Uninstall Roxio 3D Photo Creator Step By Step?
- Uninstalling Trojan Killer - How Do I Remove Trojan Killer?
- Adobe Indesign Uninstall – Free Way to Remove Adobe Indesign Completely in Windows XP
- Xilisoft iPhone Transfer Uninstall Error - How To Fix This?
- ESET NOD32 Removal - How to Uninstall ESET NOD32 from Windows XP
- How Do I Uninstall Norton Security Center 2012?
- How to Remove Picture Motion Browser If You Can not Uninstall It in Normal Way?
- CA Parental Control Uninstall - How Do I Completely Remove CA Parental Controls
- Can’t Remove Yahoo Toolbar – The Best Way to Uninstall Yahoo Toolbar Quickly from Your Laptop