Are you having lots of ‘freeze up’ problems with RealPlayer so decided to uninstall /reinstall it but every time you start the uninstall, the process just freezes up and task manager shows “Real Player uninstall not responding”? Sadly, RealPlayer is the free version so there’s no support available from Real! Whilst I you are not totally dumb, you just need some fairly simple instructions to follow even though you are not computer geek.
Uninstall RealPlayer via Add/Remove Programs
- Make sure RealPlayer is closed. You can check this by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and looking in the task manager under Processes for “real.exe” “realsched.exe.”
- Click the Windows Start button, point to (All) Programs > Real > RealPlayer > Uninstall RealPlayer.
- Wait until the setup window of RealPlayer dialog appears uninstall.
- Check all the checkboxes and click Uninstall.
However, a normal uninstall is never enough to remove RealPlayer. This media player will reside in your computer even after uninstalling. If you no longer want RealPlayer as you have switched to iTunes player recently or the player is occupying a lot of memory space, you need to remove all components of RealPlayer as instructed below.
To delete the folders for RealPlayer located at:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\
C:\Documents and Settings\[WindowsUsername]\Application Data\Real\
To delete the settings and configuration files for RealPlayer within the Windows Registry:
Now, RealPlayer should be completely removed from your computer. However, despite the fact that is a matter of serious concern to you, you may not find any uninstaller in the real folder. Worst of all these, you may not even find the name of RealPlayer in control panel add or remove programs. If this is what you have just run into, there are several alternate uninstall solutions that you may want to know. Amongst them, is proved to be the most effective in completely removing RealPlayer or any unwanted app like uninstalling IObit Malware Fighter. Aside from this, a Perfect Uninstaller can repair computer network problem which is due to some certain software issues.
Force Uninstall RealPlayer with Perfect Uninstaller
- Right click the directory of RealPlayer (program folder) to select “Force Uninstall” to start the removal. Or you can drag the program icon (not shortcut) of RealPlayer on the desktop onto display panel of Perfect Uninstaller which will generate the Force Uninstall automatically for you.
- Follow the on screen steps to finish the removal.
- Reboot computer and repeat the Force Uninstall process until all the directories of RealPlayer are gone.
- Uninstall AntiVirus Pro - How to Conduct A Successful AntiVirus Pro Removal?
- NOD32 Uninstall Tips - How to Uninstall NOD32 from Windows Completely Instantly
- Firefox Toolbar Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Firefox Toolbar from Your PC Fully?
- Uninstalling PowerTab - How Do I Remove Power Tab Editor On Windows 7?
- How Do I Easily Remove And Then Reinstall The NET Framework?
- How Do You Force Uninstall a program with Perfect Uninstaller?
- Qidion Toolbar Uninstaller - How to Uninstall Qidion Toolbar from Your PC Instantly?
- How Do You Uninstall A SpeedBit Toolbar?
- How To Uninstall Kensington MouseWorks Software?