Have you figured out how to successfully remove Vongo from HP laptops? My friend Matt has tried Add/Remove Programs to uninstall. However, that results in a “Fatal Error during Installation” message. HP support acknowledges that to be the case and offers a $19.95 service to remove this software. Also, the machine wants to reboot every few minutes in order for the “new changes to take effect”. He has tried everything I can to uninstall it! It still pops up whenever he logs on and says “Installing Vongo. blah blah.” He ran Sybot and then tried to remove it on my computer and searched for everything that says Vongo and deleted it all, but it is still there. He tried installing it again and then uninstalling it, but he can’t seem to install it or repair it. What next?
What is Vongo?
Vongo, a free Internet movie downloading service, is one of the most commonly preinstalled software programs on laptop computers. You can learn how to remove this annoying software in a few easy steps.
- Reboot your computer by clicking “Start>Shutdown>Reboot.” Once the computer reboots, but before the Windows startup screen appears, press the “F8″ button repeatedly to bring up a menu of options. Select “Safe Mode” to boot into it.
- Log on as an Administrator in Safe Mode, as you’ll need admin rights to remove Vongo.
- Click “Start>Run,” type in “msconfig” and then press “Enter.” This will pull up various system preferences.
- Click on the “Startup” tab and uncheck “isuspm.” Then click “OK” and reboot the computer.
- Boot in Safe Mode again, using the directions in steps 2 and 3. Then, click “Start>Settings>Control Panel.”
- Double-click “Add/Remove” programs and click “Vongo Software.” Select “Remove” and allow the Windows installation utility to remove the program. Depending on the speed of your computer, this may take a few minutes to complete.
- Go to “My Computer” and then to “C:\Program Files.” Select the “Vongo Software” folder and click “Delete.” Then right-click your “Recycle Bin” icon on your Desktop and select “Empty Recycle Bin.” This will permanently remove the files associated with Vongo.
Don’t reboot your computer when the Vongo program is still uninstalling. Doing so will usually result in a corrupt uninstalling and make removal of Vongo that much more difficult. Instead, all this could be avoided if a was employed to accomplish the elimination. A truly effective Perfect Uninstaller can be acquired and make the whole deleting process as easy as instruction below.
- Download and install Perfect Uninstaller.
- Quit and exit currently running applications on your desktop.
- Run Perfect Uninstaller.
- Click the Vongo to be uninstalled in the “Display Name” list as below.
- Click the “Uninstall” button to start the removal.
- Follow the onscreen steps to finish the removal.
This way, you can also establish a complete removal of Sleipnir 3 for Windows over hard drive and registry!
- Uninstall Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007 Removal Guide!
- Uninstall Qidion Toolbar - How to Uninstall Qidion Toolbar Thoroughly from PC?
- Micro Antivirus 2009 Uninstall Help - How to Remove and Uninstall Micro Antivirus 2009 Completely
- Soda PDF - How to Uninstall Soda PDF
- Google Deskbar Uninstall - How to Uninstall Google Deskbar Completely?
- Paint Shop Pro - Unable To Run Or Uninstall Corel Paint Shop Pro
- ThinkSmart Removal Guide - How to Completely Uninstall Think Smart to Clean Up PC Errors
- Think Point Removal - How to Remove Think Point Instantly
- Uninstall MSN Messenger - How to Uninstall MSN Messenger Entirely